Water of Life

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Thankful

For the past few days, I've noticed that God has been in control over everything. And at times these few days has passed, I nearly flipped out when something goes wrong and from then I never stopped praying about it.. But never the less, God once again came in and asking me to put my trust in Him... Well, I guess it's easy to say trust God but when situation arises, you tend to freak out and then go frenzy about it. Hahaha.. Anyway.. I took this reading from Freebibleemail.com.. I"ve been reading this for years, as they would send the word of God into your email.. It feels as if I'm receiving an Email from God.. And there were times when I read some of the passages that was written in there, it really speak to me if not to those who are in need :) That is for the devotional email, the other would be reading the bible through out the year. And if you read each and everyone of them everyday for the whole you, you would have completed the bible.. So a very highly recommended site.. :)

DAILY DEVOTIONAL

Mark 4:40 New International Version (NIV)

40 He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

You cannot be afraid and be in faith. Jesus was in the boat asleep. The waves and the wind raged against the ship to the point where Jesus' disciples (professional fisherman) were afraid that they were going to die. These men had spent their lives on the water. This storm was so bad they asked Jesus "Don't you care if we drown?" (vrs. 38)

Now notice that Jesus equated their fear to having no faith. Are you afraid? Every fear under the sun has corresponding promises in the Bible. Do you have any fear about your job?

Philippians 4:19 Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Find a concordance or a good Bible computer program and search for your fears in the Bible. God has made you promises for every fear you can think of. Find out what the Bible says and eradicate fear from your life.

Speak the Word: Father, I stand in faith. I have nothing to be afraid of. You have given me many precious promises. I will search your word for those promises. I will believe your word. I will not fear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home